Brain injury often requires life-long care and support after the person with the
brain injury leaves the hospital - this is where the Brain Injury Association of
New Hampshire comes in - helping people with brain injury-related disability live
in their own home and community.
Services and Support
Specialized Care Coordination
- We provide brain injury specific specialty care coordination/case management for
the post acute and chronic stage of brain injury – often requiring life-time coordination
of care and services.
- Neuro-Resource Facilitation is the Association’s free service; helping survivors
and families access needed services and supports in their own home and community.
Community Care Waivers
- Choices for Independence (CFI), Acquired Brain Disorder (ABD), Development Disabilities
(DD), In Home Supports (IHS)
- Provides home and community based services that help people with disability to live
independently in their own home and community.
- This program aims to assist individuals who have experienced a brain injury or stroke,
and are able to transition from a facility back into the community. Click here for
the application form.
- Our Helpline is available to persons with a brain injury, family members or friends,
professionals and the public.
- We provide a wide-variety of educational services for persons affected by brain injury,
their family caregivers and the professionals who support them.
- Prevention is the only cure for brain injury. Our prevention efforts are geared towards
schools, teens and young adults – those most at risk for traumatic brain injury.
Support for Family Caregivers
- The annual Caregivers Conference provides respite, information and sharing for caregivers
- Individual advocacy for persons with a brain injury to help meet their needs in the
community. State-wide advocacy; the brain injury community working together for persons
with brain injury and their needs.
- Education available to staff and students; assist with development of Individual
Educational Plan (IEP).
Provider/Professional Training & Education
- Training programs to enhance provider skills and expertise in the brain injury field.